[SoC] GSoC 2022Introduction: Sandeepan Dhoundiyal - Integrating ZOO-Servies with QGIS

Sandeepan Dhoundiyal dsandeepan995 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 23:56:15 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,
My name is Sandeepan Dhoundiyal, and currently, I am a grad student at the
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay working on the applications of
GIS and machine-learning in planetary remote sensing. My Github and
LinkedIn profiles are linked [1,2].
I will be implementing the project, 'Integrating ZOO-Services with GIS'.
The goal of the project is to incorporate tools that are natively part of
QGIS into the ZOO-Project This will make these processing tools available
as web services compliant with the WPS standard and also with the OGC API
processes.
I have completed the following tasks during the community bonding period
(including sending this e-mail):-
1. Created a wiki for the project for documenting weekly reports and the
final report[3].
2. Created a fork [4] of the ZOO-Project repository[5] which will be merged
with the original repository at the end of the project.
3. Created my profile on the OSGeo wiki[6].
4. Added links to the project wiki and the repository on the accepted
student's wiki page[7].

I am grateful to the OSGeo community for their feedback on my GSoC proposal
and request feedback and suggestions you may have.
Looking forward to the summer!
Regards,
Sandeepan Dhoundiyal.

[1] https://github.com/sdhoundiyal