[SoC] GSoC 2022 Introduction

Momtchil Momtchev momtchil at momtchev.com
Sun Jun 12 14:17:05 PDT 2022

Hello,

My name is Momtchil Momtchev and I am senior R&D engineer who took
advantage of this year's change in rules for GSoC projects as I hope to
be able to find work in opensource.

I have been unemployed for more than 2 years because of huge judicial
scandal and a follow-up extortion by the French recruitment companies.

While unemployed I started working on a number of open source projects
and I am currently co-author and the current maintainer of the Node.js
bindings for GDAL, author of the React bindings for OpenLayers, and I
became an occasional Node.js and GDAL contributor.

Some of you might have already seen me, I was already present on #GDAL
and since the last week I have also joined #general:osgeo.org and
#sac:osgeo.org. I am also very present on stackoverflow.com where I
answer mainly questions related to Node.js / V8 internals, GDAL and
using OpenLayers with React.

I will be bringing Node.js support to ZOO-Project:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2022_Node.js_for_ZOO-Project

My main areas of expertise are Node.js / V8 internals, JavasScript,
TypeScript, C++, React, TCP/IP, Linux/BSD kernels (especially the
networking stacks), Numerical Weather Prediction and geospatial data.

My Github is https://github.com/mmomtchev

I am also an avid paragliding pilot, member of the French Paragliding
Association and the creator of the leading free soaring weather site in
Western Europe used by about 6000 paragliding, hang-gliding and
sailplane pilots.

--
Cordialement,
Momtchil Momtchev <momtchil at momtchev.com>