[SoC] GSoC 2022: Week 2 Report : Adding Cesium Support within MapMint

Bhupendra Solanki bssiitb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:10:38 PDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

Please find my report for week 2:

   -

   I worked with Cesium ion and Cesium JS ( local dev environment ) and
   tried to visualize various data formats like 3Dtiles, CityGML, CityJson,
   GeoJson, KML, KMZ, glTF etc. Please find Github repo here [1].
   -

   I tried with sample data provided here (
   https://3d.bk.tudelft.nl/opendata/opencities/)
   -

   One of the major setbacks I got is the data format compatibility with
   CesiumJS. Although all above data formats are compatible through Cesium
   Ion, CesiumJS is compatible only with either 3D Tiles or   glTF.
   -

   As prevalent data is in CityGML, I tried to make it (Cesium JS)
   compatible with CityGML. For this, I tried another NPM module i.e.
   citygml-to-3dtiles, however, I am facing projection error in this
   implementation. It’ll take some time to debug this issue.

Am I blocked on anything :

   -

   In reference to citygml-to-3dtiles, I am getting a projection error.
   Apart from that, I am not stuck on anything.

Next week plan:

   -

   Main task is to resolve the above error and try to convert CityGML to
   3DTiles, which gives us more access to data formats.

[1] https://github.com/bhupendra1324/GSoC2022-MM-DataFormatsTrial

--
*Regards*,
*Bhupendra Singh Solanki*.

*Department General Secretary*
*M.**Tech | Research Associate* (NCAIR).
*Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B).*
Powai. Mumbai. Maharashtra.
*+91-879**3183133*