[SoC] Regarding request for guidance to contribute in development of Mapmint project

saail narvekar saailknarvekar.iitb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:10:31 PST 2023

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings of the day!
I am *Saail Narvekar*. I am doing my *Master's *in Geoinformatics and
Natural Resources(GNR) from the Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering
(CSRE) dept, *IIT Bombay*. My coursework is mainly focused on *Geospatial
Technology*.

During my course, I was excited by GIS technology. I worked on a few
interesting project ideas:
1. UAV-BASED GEOSPATIAL APPLICATION USING A 3D ROBOTICS SIMULATOR
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_F4kVsOZ0bPu_cJPuSBfCFeDOv3GEwj/view?usp=share_link>
(Web GIS-based project for finding real-time change detection and
geo-location on an *open street map*. *Postgis* was used for the
database. *GDAL
library* was used for georeferencing images captured by a simulated drone
in a Gazebo robotics simulator.)
2. GIS-based site selection for the solar panels.
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ent2tjEBx2z0pQXbEMyuSlwBrK1uMY7t/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104062167263403728732&rtpof=true&sd=true>
(Various layers were used for the analysis in *QGIS* software and then
exported to *Qfield *app)

I am also an *open-source enthusiast* and love to work with open-source
software. I have been working on various open-source software in the domain
of GIS, robotics, and embedded system. I really want to contribute to the
open-source community.
(My Github id: https://github.com/SaailN)

I would love to contribute to the development of the *Mapmint project*. I
will be highly grateful to receive your guidance.

Regards,
Saail Narvekar