[SoC] GSoC 2023 Introduction: Aniket Agarwal - Implementation of the pgr_yen with all the overloads and deprecation of the pgr_ksp.

Aniket Agarwal aniketgarg187 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 06:38:24 PDT 2023

Hello Community Members,

I am Aniket Agarwal from Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University,
Lucknow, India. I am currently in my prefinal year of Bachelor of
Technology in computer science. Here is my GitHub [1] and LinkedIn [2]
profile.

I will be working on the project "Implementation of the pgr_yen with all
the overloads and deprecation of the pgr_ksp" [3]. The implementation of a
pgr_yen() function that can calculate K shortest paths for various
scenarios is essential for many applications. This project aims to
implement a pgr_yen function that can handle five different scenarios that
are one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one, many-to-many, and combinations of
(source, target). By implementing such a function, we can efficiently and
accurately find multiple

shortest paths for different scenarios and improve the performance of
various applications that rely on this functionality.

This also includes the deprecation of pgr_ksp by making migration
documentation of this new function.

I did the following work as a part of the community bonding period.

   - Created GSoC project wiki Page where all the weekly reports and final
   reports will be documented [4].
   - Forked the pgRouting's GSoC-pgRouting repository [5] where I will be
   working and making PR and at the end, this  will be merged into pgRouting
   [6]
   - Read Google's GSoC student guide and OSGeo's specific instructions

I request the community members to please provide some feedback or
suggestions on my project as it will improve the project's development and
my overall performance. please have a look at my timeline for each week and
its respective proposed work and let me know if there are some mistakes.

Best Regards,

Aniket Agarwal

[1] https://github.com/Aniket-debug

[2] https://www.linkedin.com/in/aniket-agarwal-226a551b1/