[SoC] GSOC-2023 Introduction: Saail Narvekar - Implement SensorThings API standard in istSOS

saail narvekar saailknarvekar.iitb at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:13:34 PDT 2023

Dear Community Members,

I am Saail Narvekar, a second-year Masters student in Geoinformatics and
Natural Resources at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay(IIT Bombay),
India. Please find my Github [1] and LinkedIn profile [2] attached for your
reference.

I will be working on the project : * Implement SensorThings API standard in
istSOS. *The aim of the project is to implement OGC standard Sensor Thing
APIs(STA) to istSOS project.

During the community bonding period, I completed the following tasks:

- Created my OSGeo User Profile [3].
- Added links to my wiki pages and public repository on the accepted
student's wiki page [4].
- Read Google's GSoC student guide and OGGeo's specific instructions.
- Had an interaction with mentors of the IstSOS project
- Tried to understand the software stack and tested the code repository on
my system.
- Interacted with my teammate (Filippo Finke, GSoC 2023)

I would like to request your valuable feedback and suggestions on my
project, as it will enhance the project's development and my overall
performance. I am excited to learn and contribute to the istSOS project
under OSGeo.

Also I would like to thank mentors, community members and OSGeo GSoC Admin.

Regards,
Saail Narvekar

[1] https://github.com/SaailN/
[2] https://www.linkedin.com/in/saail-narvekar-261856a8/