[SoC] GSoC 2023 - Community Bonding Period Report

saail narvekar saailknarvekar.iitb at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:35:38 PDT 2023

Hello all,

Greetings of the day!

Following is my report of the Community Bonding period(May 4- May 28) for
IstSOS project :

*Task done:*

   - I Introduced myself and my project to the community.
   - Created an OsGeo user wiki page [1].
   - Updated the OSGeo Accepted Students wiki page  [2].
   - Had a meeting with mentors and discussed the workflow of the project.
   - Interacted with a teammate about the workflow of the project.
   - Attended Google GSoC 2023 contributor summit.
   - Cloned the project repository[3] and was able to successfully run on
   the local system after debugging the issues with mentors' help.
   - Read the Sensor Things API  OGC document.
   - Started learning the required software stack for the project.
   - Updated the project wiki [4].

*Plan to do the next week:*

   - Communicate with my mentors and teammates to discuss the project plan
   and divide tasks. I will also be working on the project setup and start
   coding.

*Am I blocked on anything? *

   - No, currently I don't have any blocking issues.

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Saail
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2023_Accepted
[3] https://github.com/istSOS/istsos-miu
[4]