[Southeast-US] FOSS4GNA 2016

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Jul 14 06:01:59 PDT 2015

I sent this to the NCGIS list this morning and it will be making some
appearances in TN also: Please vote - it's almost in Raleigh
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Ladies and Gentleman - Thank you for your voice. It's now down to
Raleigh and Philadelphia (both cities knocked Austin and DC off the
list). As another measure the committee has started a Google
form:http://bitly.com/F4GNA2016 - Please Vote.

You can still make your voice heard via the Google Group:
foss4gna_selection at googlegroups.com
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/foss4gna_selection). I would
still encourage you to send emails there as well. Last week, phone
calls, emails, and noise was made from the NC Governor's office down to
the the people who move vertices in a polygon in support of the
conference. It's an excellent event - I've enjoyed every one in which
I've participated. It will be that much better on this side of the
continent and south of Philadelphia though.

The amount of email and communication impressed all who were making a
decision - so much we've entered the final "battle royale".

Thanks for your help - if this happens it's because of what you have
said and done in support of Raleigh,

Keep fighting,
Randy

--