[Southeast-US] FOSS4G-Call for volunteers

kathi at spatialanalysisinc.com kathi at spatialanalysisinc.com
Tue Apr 26 08:15:45 PDT 2016

My head may explode today with everything I'm juggling getting ready for
FOSS4G NA next week. We are looking for volunteers to help record the
sessions. Those chosen will get to attend the conference for free for 4 days
in exchange for about 1.5 days of help with work. See below notice with
details & respond to me and cc : doug_newcomb at fws.gov
<mailto:doug_newcomb at fws.gov>  if interested.

(thx to Jeff Essic for drafting below message)

I have just found out that the organizers of next weeks FOSS4G conference in
Raleigh <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/>  are seeking seven dependable
volunteers to operate the video software.  The commitment is for 1.5 days,
and as compensation you will receive a complimentary 4 day pass to the
conference.

 If you want to do this, then you've got to be fully committed.  We can't
hold your place while you figure out a way to do it.  You've got to confirm
you'll be there no matter what - no backing out.  If you don't show up, then
the sessions may not get recorded and it will definitely make a lot of
people angry.