[Southeast-US] Update on the QGIS Event for Chattanooga on October 25th 2019.

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Aug 23 06:32:34 PDT 2019

Just a quick update for the Chattanooga QGIS Event.

*Page*:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/20191000-QGIS-US

*Details:*

People are registering and we have 5 paper submissions. I've received
abstracts on 1 but so far we going from "plugins to customizing data
input to pushing data into a webmap" from phone calls and emails from
interested parties. If you want to present please shoot me an email with
a title and abstract and sign up.

Special Guest Nyall Dawson will keynote from Australia (we are at the
mercy of internet but I'm confident it will happen). Nyall is one of the
lead developers on QGIS and he's agreed to stay up a bit later than
normal and do something cool. I have no idea what but it will be memorable.

Right now there's enough people coming into town there will probably be
a social event the night before and the location will be at one of three
locations I'm scouting out and I swear those will be get figured out
much quicker than the event space took.

Look forward to seeing you in Chattanooga on October 25th.

Randy

--

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc