[Spatial-Ecology] Summer School in Geocomputation - Italy - June 2018

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:21:22 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

registration open now for the 4th edition of our* International Summer
School* organized by Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net)
<http://www.spatial-ecology.net/> held at the Univ. of Basilicata, in the
magnificent town Matera, Italy.

*Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software** (4th-8th June 2017)*

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast
potentials of *Linux* environment and the command line approach for
*geo-data* massive processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS,
GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools, OpenForis. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS
users who have never used a command line terminal to a stage which will
allow them to understand and apply very advanced open source data processing
routines. Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach. This allows
participants to keep on progressing and improving their skills in a
continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net
www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards
Spatial Ecology – Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.net
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/