[sr.org] [OSGeo-Discuss] Detect and define the coordinate system of gis data with no projection information automatically

Julien Moquet moquet.julien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:33:18 PDT 2016

Luis, Manfred,

As I said earlier, I will start to check up formulae on wikipedia and now
also on http://proj4.org/projections/index.html.
This is a valuable work.

But we also need to talk about the repo proj format.
Before, as many tolds us, it seems that many registry - that already exists
- do have reference updates we need to respect.
May we start to enumerate all these tools ?

- spatialreference
- epsg.io
- projections/index.html
- https://github.com/ebrelsford/projestions#api
- http://www.epsg-registry.org/
- ... (may be others ?)

The aim is that they already think about a great format before us. So what
is the format they use, and how ?
(if this made sens for you).

Regards,
Julien