[OSGeo-Standards] OGC Meeting in Stresa, Italy and some additional infos

Allan Doyle afdoyle at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 6 10:03:53 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 19:30 , Jody Garnett wrote:

> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> next week the OGC will meet in Stresa, Italy. I know that Jeroen
>> and Jo are coming, I will be there too. Anybody else coming?
> I think Martin Desruisseaux is coming, I encourage you visit with
> him and talk. He is currently kick starting GeoAPI into back into
> life (as I understand it free from the shackles of the go-1
> specification).
>> At the FOSS4G BoF in Victoria Raj presented a new membership type
>> "individual independet developer" and announced that OGC will
>> kindly provide for 10 slots to be used by OGSeo members. As the BoF
>> was not well attended and I never got around tio writing this email
>> followed up we did not make use of this possibility yet. Jo will be
>> the first to opt in to the OGC meeting through this mechanism and I
>> can imagine that over time others will want to join in. I have
>> prepared some information wrt the OGC membership slots in the Wiki. http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Standards
> Thanks; that is great news.

It might be worth inquiring what form of non-disclosure agreement/
intellectual property form the individual members will have to fill out.

The form I saw in Edinburgh a few years ago was pretty unpalatable.

	Allan