[OSGeo-Standards] Re: [Context.RWG] [Mapbuilder-devel] OWSContext to support multiple services per layer

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:53:25 EST 2007

Hi,

On Dec 11, 2007 8:17 AM, Stéphane Nicoll <sn at ionicsoft.com> wrote:
> It depends. Do you want to add this as a change for Context 1.2 (or whatever
> the next version is) or do you want to implement the use case right now?

We are not proposing this for Web Map Context, but for OWSContext
(which is a OGC draft, currently version 0.2.0 AFAIK).

> In
> the second case, I would use an Extension. We've been doing this to
> implement the support of ECWP layers in a context file for instance.

One of the design goals of Mapbuilder is to use open standards
(without the need for proprietary extensions), and until now we
avoided using the <Extension> tag.

Regards,
Andreas.