[OSGeo-Standards] OSGeo access to OWS Context specs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:03:28 EDT 2007

OSGeo Standards,

Mapbuilder stores state information inside an OWS Context document, and
consequently we may be the largests tester of OWS Context.

Every few months we have debates over various parts of the OWS Context
spec as developers implement new things. The latest is a discussion
shared with Openlayers over how Layer groups should be handled.

The current OWS Context spec/schema is globally available at:
* http://www.ogcnetwork.net/schemas/owc/0.2.0/

A wiki list of identified issues is at:
*
https://portal.opengeospatial.org/wiki/twiki/bin/view/CGDIPilot/CgdiipOwsContext
Unfortunately, this is only available to OGC members. My next email will
be to lobby to make it visible.

As part of OGC's mass market strategy, can we please open up access to
the OWS Context issue list. This should ensure that specs would benefit
from greater testing and increase adoption.

An alternative I've considered is setting up an issue tracker as part of
Mapbuilder to address OWS Context. (I'd prefer an issue tracker over a
wiki as it is easier to manage issues through to completion).

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au