[OSGeo-Standards] OWS Context and others OGC interactions

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue Oct 23 13:02:54 EDT 2007

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jody is correct.  OWS Context allows for an Extension element.
>
> Currently, in OWS Context 0.2.0
> (http://www.ogcnetwork.net/schemas/owc/0.2.0/owsContext.xsd), extensions
> are allowed wihtin the General element, and _within_ the
> AbstractResourceType, where AbstractResourceType is
> Layer|Coverage|FeatureType.

Can you email us an example Tom? I cannot (obviously) see the wiki page
Cameron sent out earlier and
I don't think the example file included either of these Extentions.
> It has been discussed to allow extension at the ResourceList level, to
> allow for Layer|Coverage|FeatureType|whatever, but there have been
> concerns of hindering interoperability.  At the same time, if folks are
> going to do this anyway...

We are; even for OGC projects like OWS-3 this is where we needed to
extend things. It was in the recomendations for that project as I recall.
> Having said this, if folks think this is useful, we could look at
> examples of how to use Extensions at the AbstractResourceType level.

Please ;-)
> Standards are useful :)

Go Tom go!
Jody