[OSGeo-Standards] Re: How to extend OWSContext forseveral specific cases

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Oct 25 11:34:55 EDT 2007

Tom, thanks for your fast contributions.

I've set up a quick and dirty example with OpenLayers:
http://localhost/~ominiverdi/workspace/openlayers-context/examples/context-ows.html

an OL map on the left is empty at the beginning.

    *  load OWS Context
          load a remote (actually still a rel path) Context.
    * OWS -> OpenLayers (OLON)
          transform Context in a OLON, an internal Format for OL that
describe the map
    * apply OLON to map
          the OLON object can be directly applied to the map.
    * clear map
          if you want to start again

The Context I've used is from DM Solutions, available online. Actually
it is a WMC.
You can change both OWS Context and OLON by hand in the form object and
try  to see what happens when you apply to the map.

Would it be possible to set up a OWS Context version 0.2.1 in your
repository?
something like:
http://www.ogcnetwork.net/schemas/owc/0.2.1/owsContext.xml

I would like to connect your example to my demo and let everybody test
it live.

hope you like this demo app

ciao
Lorenzo