[OSGeo-Standards] WMS-C and Capabilities

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue Aug 26 14:53:33 EDT 2008

This discussion is fascinating to me as it does not align with my
expectations ... my expectation is that this
WMS-C documents some additional vendor specific capabilities that are
added to an existing WMS (much like SLD support is added to an existing
WMS).

As such I am expecting to see a WMS with vendor specific capabilities
letting me know that some TileSets are available; and that if I call the
existing GetMap operation in just the right way I can make use of it.

So I was not expecting to see a standalone TileCache.
Jody