[OSGeo-Standards] Fw: [Geopriv] [Fwd: I-DAction:draft-mayrhofer-enum-loc-enumservice-00.txt]

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Tue Jun 24 15:35:55 EDT 2008

Some additional location work at the IETF for ENUM service registration.

Electronic Numbering (ENUM) is a protocol developed by the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) to allow the Public Switched Telephone Network
(PSTN) and the Internet to interoperate.

ENUM allows telephone numbers to be resolved to URLs using a Domain Name
System (DNS)-based architecture. By placing telephone numbers into the DNS,
ENUM can facilitate interoperability for a wide range of applications
including Voice over IP (VoIP), video, presence, and instant messaging.

Cheers

Carl