[OSGeo-Standards] Re: [Board] OSGeo-OGC MOU

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Thu Sep 11 14:59:15 EDT 2008

I can add light to some of these comments...

On Sep 11, at 11:37 AM, jo at frot.org wrote:
> "OGC provides OSGeo with six one year Individual Memberships in the
> OGC at no charge"
> - Is this six one-year memberships in total or six per year that the
> MOU runs? If the former, can the years be used in serial (by the
> same people)?

These are six one-year memberships per year. Assuming the MOU is
renewed each year, then OSGeo can choose to nominate some of the same
people each year.

Current reference implementations are listed at <http://cite.opengeospatial.org/reference
 >, except for the new SOS and SPS reference implementations developed
by 52 North. My feeling is that this is simply formalizing a process
that has already been working well, but I'm interested in hearing
other thoughts.

-----
Raj Singh
Open Geospatial Consortium