[OSGeo-Standards] Re: Use of logo for clickable icon

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 01:05:27 EDT 2009

> I would propose that is anyone has some artistic tallent then maybe we could
> contribute to the TANGO project.
> (http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project)
>
> It would actualy be interesting to have all OSGEO Icons stored in this
> project, almost a common look and feel for icons….

That is interesting; I sat through a similar conversation with
GeoServer developers who decided on the "slik" icon set and have been
putting together "geosilk" icons
(http://projects.opengeo.org/geosilk).
I possible I would love to see the same abstractions used (regardless
of which icon set style we are matching).

In anycase for a CSW (catalog service web) the have a "repository" icon:
- http://projects.opengeo.org/geosilk/export/2/trunk/geosilk/database_yellow.png

I broke this out a couple different ways for the udig icon set (the
idea being to show mixed content given the nature of a WCS).
- http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/trunk/plugins/net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui/icons/obj16/repository_obj.gif
- http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/trunk/plugins/net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui/icons/obj16/wrs_obj.gif
- http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/trunk/plugins/net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui/icons/wizban/wrs_wiz.gif

Jody