[OSGeo-Standards] Document motions from the recent OGC Technical Committee Meetings in Darmstadt, Germany

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 9 02:13:42 EDT 2009

Folks,
thanks to Carl Reed the document motions from the recent OGC Technical
Committee Meetings in Darmstadt, Germany can be found on the OGC NEtwork
portal page at:  http://www.ogcnetwork.net/node/613

Citing Carl:
"We were over 170 registrants for the OGC TC/PC and Interoperability Day
events. We had a very productive week. There were thirty nine separate
Working Group and ad-hoc meetings! As potential new OGC domain areas of
interest, the Aviation and SmartGrid Ad Hocs were well attended. Thanks
to the Members and the Sponsors (Fraunhofer and Sparx) for an excellent
TC/PCmeeting."

Open Source was also again well represented in several sessions and with
folks coming from the projects Mapbender, deegree, GeoNetwork, 52N,
GeoToolkit, GRASS and at least 5 more Open Source projects.
Unfortunately I was busy busy busy again and did not spend much time
with the Open Source crowd.

If there is interest in doing this we might want to organize ourselves a
bit better at OGC meetings. There are always slots in the
interoperability day that could be interesting to present - well -
probably interoperability of one's software... :-)

In case you are interested post to this list and in case you are shy
contact me directly.

In case you missed it, Carl is now in Urisa's GIS Hall of Fame:
http://www.urisa.org/hall/reed

Congratulations!

Best regards,
Arnulf.