[OSGeo-Standards] ISO Outreach

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:14:17 EST 2010

Morning standards advocates (or sufferers...)

I am crashing the ISO/OGC meeting in Canberra and having a few interesting conversations.

One idea that was ventured, was OSGeo sending a letter to TC211 requesting a Class A liaison, this would provide us a representative but no vote.

Do we have any interest in setting up this line of communication?

I am also trying to check if some ISO "outreach" members will head out to FOSS4G in Denver in order to see what is what.

Cheers,
Jody