[OSGeo-Standards] W3C Standardization and Opensource for WWW Mapping

Satoru Takagi sa-takagi at kddi.com
Mon Dec 26 21:50:12 EST 2011

Hi folks,

We are working on the standardization of the mapping function for the Web
browser of the HTML5 generation.

We suggested the W3C standardization to realize it in this summer.
That specification is named "Tiling and Layering Module for SVG".
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2011/04/

And we published open source implementation of that today.
This implementation is based on WebKit.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wwwmap/

Regards,

Satoru Takagi

<201009021220.DDF02180.LtBTBBJHU at kddi.com> の、
   "Demonstrations of SVG Map are prepared" において、
   "Satoru Takagi <sa-takagi at kddi.com>"さんは書きました: