[OSGeo-Standards] OpenSearch Geo status?

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:48:29 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have to admit that I'm a bit confused how the standardization of
OpenSearch Geo works/should work. There are currently two versions
flowing around, the public one on the OpenSearch page [1] and the
private one on the OGC (10-032 is the most recent version of it, isn't
it?) [2].

Another problem is that the OpenSearch front page links to Draft1 and
not Draft2.

So my basic question is: who is currently working on the standard and where?

[1]
http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions/Geo/1.0/Draft_2
[2] http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=37933&version=1

Cheers,