[OSGeo-Standards] OpenSearch Geo status?

Pedro Gonçalves pereira.goncalves at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:59:54 EST 2011

Hi all

On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Volker Mische wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to admit that I'm a bit confused how the standardization of OpenSearch Geo works/should work. There are currently two versions flowing around, the public one on the OpenSearch page [1] and the private one on the OGC (10-032 is the most recent version of it, isn't it?) [2].
>
> Another problem is that the OpenSearch front page links to Draft1 and not Draft2.

I changed a while back  the extensions page to point to the correct page ...
http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions
that is pointing to
http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions/Geo/1.0/Draft_2
and I also added a notice on the draft_1 page pointing to the new version
but you're right and the front page points to draft 1 and most surely people miss my sentence ...

unfortunately it seems that I don't have the rights to change the opensearch.org front page - that seems logic :)
does anyone can edit that page and change it ? or knows who should we contact ?  .. Jo ?

> So my basic question is: who is currently working on the standard and where?
>
> [1] http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions/Geo/1.0/Draft_2
> [2] http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=37933&version=1

I'm doing a new revision of that document and I'll post it to the ogc pending document (on time for the 3 week rule of the next Bonn TC) and also send it to this list tomorrow

It adds more examples with OGC returnables elements and also it aligns it with OGC Modular Specification document (by defining requirements and the like in OGC parlance)

ciao

Pedro