[OSGeo-Standards] The OGC requests comments on the OWS Context Conceptual Model and ATOM Extension candidate standards

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Tue Feb 19 14:01:23 PST 2013

You have to explain your point better for me. I understand that there are two distinct tasks here -- being a WMS client (an encoder) and being able to parse any WMS request into its parameters (a parser). And I understand that most clients are not also parsers. But if you want the additional capability of reading in the state of someone else's WMS map, how do you avoid needing to build a parser? Doesn't the additional code needed match up with the desired functionality? I thought we have asked for exactly the right amount of work ;)

---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count.
http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/organization/staff/rsingh