[OSGeo-Standards] Call for feedback and ideas on OGC process, docs, and so forth!

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Wed Jul 3 09:26:26 PDT 2013

Dear OSGeo -

Over the last several months, the OSGeo community provided significant input into the OGC. This input included issues, concerns, and strengths of the OGC processes and covered a range of topics ranging from better public engagement, transparency, documentation, knowledge management and more.

We would like to continue the dialogue to improve the OGC with the goal of enhancing the value of OGC contributions to the community and to our Members. As part of this process, there are going to be a series of net meetings.

The "Ideas for OGC" (Ideas4OGC) effort aims to collect feedback, ideas, critiques, and comments to help us develop and improve the OGC. After 3 successful members meetings this week we will now run 3 open public meetings on 11th July to hear the thoughts and ideas from both members and non-members.

If you would like to participate please register here https://portal.opengeospatial.org/public_ogc/register/130711ideas.php

Most importantly, if know people who should participate please forward this email to them!

Registration details can be found here http://external.opengeospatial.org/twiki_public/Ideas4OGC/WebHome along with our public wiki.

We are looking forward to your contribution!

Regards

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Standards Program
Open Geospatial Consortium
www.opengeospatial.org

The OGC: Making Location Count!

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller