[OSGeo-Standards] HTML and GeoWeb Re: Was: "file" formats. Is: GeoWeb

Rushforth, Peter Peter.Rushforth at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 16 08:45:58 PDT 2013

Hi Mr Takagi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I agree with having
SVG representations for tiles, as these are nice vector graphics
representations.

I will have to take the time to look into the references you've
provided.

It seems our philosophies are well aligned, in general, in that we
both conclude that html is the dominant hypermedia format.  It would
be nice to see maps have a more prominent place in
the html vocabulary than they currently have.  I think the spatial
data/software community will need time to come to the same
conclusion, however.

I hope that the geospatial services community will conclude that
hypermedia is an excellent architecture for consideration, too.
I see Atom as being an excellent choice for that community to begin
working with hypermedia architectures directly.

Regards,
Peter Rushforth