[OSGeo-Standards] Simple (COGO) Coordinate Geometry Text Format Specification Released Today

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Tue May 14 10:51:20 PDT 2013

Hi Landon. Simple COGO looks pretty cool.
But to steal a phrase, the reports of LandXML's death have been greatly exaggerated. OGC's Land Development DWG [1] is working on resuscitating it -- first building a conceptual model to understand exactly all of its components. And buildingSMART International [2] has a working group called OpenINFRA that is looking to standardize it as well. We hope these efforts will converge in some way and give stakeholders in that domain a clear idea about the future of infrastructure information exchange.

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/landdevdwg
[2] http://buildingsmart.org/

---
Raj