[OSGeo-Standards] CSV spatial data on the web

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Wed Feb 17 03:02:37 PST 2016

We have all sorts or data within our fields, including pipe - think free description text field where users cut and paste all sorts of stuff!

Cheers
Jeremy

> On 17/02/2016, at 11:58 PM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeremy
>>
>>> However looking at the GeoCSV specification it would be a step
>>> backwards for our users due to the field delimiter being semicolon.
>>
>> Semicolon is well supported in software.
>> Tab is poorly supported in some text editors.
>> Comma is heavy used in number values in european countries.
>> What delimiter do you prefer and why?
>
> I would choose a delimiter which is uncommon in text. Eg pipe "|"
> seems a reasonable choice.

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.