[OSGeo-Standards] Invitation to the 2016 GEOSS Interoperability Workshop

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:11:06 PDT 2016

Hi list: of potential interest:

Dear OSGeo Standards list:

You are invited to participate in the 2016 GEOSS Interoperability Workshop, being supported by the GEOSS Standards and Interoperability Forum (SIF). This will be a 4-hour online workshop to be held on October 20, 2016 from 12:00 - 16:00 UTC. Due to cross membership, we are sorry if you receive more than one of these invitations.

This workshop will consist of presentations and discussions regarding GEOSS, the GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI), the GEOSS Data Management Principles (DMPs), and the related interoperability challenges that exist. The DMPs to be focused on are Metadata, Traceability, and Quality Control. There will be sessions devoted to each of these principles with time for open discussion. There will also be a session on the evolution of GEOSS and the GCI.

The intended audience includes anyone who has an interest in GEOSS interoperability, the GCI, how things may evolve, and the incorporation of Data Management Principles. In particular, data providers who are currently dealing with, or planning, the implementation of data management principles are strongly encouraged to participate, so that a rich interchange of ideas and experience takes place.

Registration is required, so that we can follow-up with you regarding workshop information and reminders. You only need to register once, however. To register, go to https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2934647489550166273

The agenda of the workshop can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/geosssifworkshops/pomstoplace
It is currently a draft, but will not change significantly prior to the workshop.

We suggest that you register early (there is no charge), to reserve your place as an attendee.

Thank you for considering this workshop, and we hope that it will be an opportunity for you to both learn and contribute to the GEOSS community. If you have any questions that the website and agenda do not address, please send an email to the SIF at geoss.sifmail at gmail.com.

Best Regards,

The GEOSS Standards and Interoperability Forum
geoss.sifmail at gmail.com