[OSGeo-Standards] What should we do about OGC Standard writups on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 17:00:26 PDT 2017

To date, OSGeo-Live documentation has included write ups of a number of
OGC Standards (including both English master text and translations). [1]

However, this documentation hasn't been maintained for a number of years.

As we go through rationalising what we continue to include on
OSGeo-Live, we are wondering what should be done about OGC standards
text on OSGeo-Live.

I'm aware of the OGC has created some material [2], which on first
glance looks to be more complete and more current than the OSGeo-Live
material.

I'm interested to hear thoughts (especially from the OGC) on what we
should do in moving forward.

* Should we drop OSGeo-Live write up of OGC Standards all together, as
it is not core business of OSGeo? (This would free up some space on
OSGeo-Live)

* Should we provide a reference to a OGC Standards URL? If so, where
would that be?

* Should we make a copy OGC standards into OSGeo-Live docs? If so, who
will take responsibility for writing and maintaining the build scripts.

* Would the OGC want to investigate using OSGeo-Live's existing
translation community to translate OGC docs? If so, how should this be
approached and who would like to coordinate it?

Thoughts will be welcomed.

[1] https://live.osgeo.org/en/standards/standards.html

[2] https://github.com/opengeospatial/ogc_school

--