[OSGeo-Standards] (no subject)

Bob Basques bbasques at sharedgeo.org
Tue Feb 14 09:49:00 PST 2017

All,

I’ve been approached about taking up one of the OGC slots.  I too am
curious about the benefits and how participation would benefit and play out
over the long run.

I’m a long time open source advocate and a long time meber of a number of
the OSGeo list serves.  I have a number of related contacts related to the
use of open source in local government as well as a long time user and
promoter of OGC specifications for sharing data.  I’m also a founding
member of a nonprofit dedicated to the promotion and use of OSGeo and OGC
practices in general.

I’m interested in particpating if a slot is still available.

bobb

--
Bob Basques
bbasques at sharedgeo.org