[OSGeo-Standards] [Board] OGC MoU and Individual Membership slots

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:53:38 PST 2017

Colleagues,

I'm happy for Bob to take this last slot with OGC. We will do this, unless there is someone else with a pressing need to work with OGC teams.

Please speak up. If I don't hear by the end of next week, we'll proceed with Bob for this slot.

I think that we'll need to look at how we are assigning these memberships for future engagements.

I for one, will be very interested to hear what benefit our memberships are giving us and what we are able to contribute back to OGC in return.

I understand from OGC that we have a number of our other OSGeo Individual OGC memberships due to expire:

- Jeff McKenna, ended 9 Dec 16
- Gerald Fenoy, ends 30 Sep 17
- Martin Isenburg, ends 6 Jul 17
- Dimitris Kotzinos, ends 16 Oct 17
- Jachym Čepický, ends 10 Feb 18

I propose that we look at an Expression of Interest process for the above renewals, perhaps as a single EOI for all of them.

There may be other OSGeo members and projects who could also benefit from the collaboration and would like the opportunity to participate within the OGC processes.

Thoughts?

Bruce