[OSGeo-Standards] upcoming OGC TC meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 13:55:23 PDT 2019

Hey Adam,

I'd suggest that you only attend OGC meetings for standards and topics
which you are directly involved in. Acting as a person in a Chinese
whispers chain reduces the effectiveness of communication. It waists
your time and the time of others involved. It is best to have the OSGeo
people directly engaged in a problem doing the talking. I've observed
that OSGeo and OGC have always (usually?) found a way to enable
passionate OSGeo individuals to weigh in on topics of interest.

On 22/6/19 9:13 pm, adam steer wrote:
> Hi standardsfolks
>
> I plan to remotely sit in (and maybe have something to say at) the
> marine and point cloud DWG meetings at the upcoming OGC technical
> meeting. I could also listen to (but probably not say much in) the WPS
> and maybe the DGGS DWG’s.
>
> Anything else OSGeo is particularly interested in, noting other OGC
> reps may be there, and I can’t listen in all day…
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam
> --
> Dr. Adam Steer