[OSGeo-Standards] for review/input/feedback: OSGeo / OGC MOU

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:55:09 PDT 2021

Hi everyone: hope you are all doing well.  Per subject and [1][2], we have
been working
with OGC to renew our Memorandum of Understanding, and now have a draft
(Exhibit A) of
the MOU for your review and comment.

Please see [3] for your review, comment and input.  Anyone with the link
should be able to
comment in the document.

This is an important time for the updated MOU.  Open Source and Open
Standards are
natural, healthy and evolving, and this MOU will grow the collaboration
between our
organizations especially given OGC's increasing focus on developers.  Note
that the MOU
provides OSGeo an Associate Membership as well as the opportunity for input
into the next
generation of compliance testing (CITE).

Input and feedback is requested by Friday, 03 September 2021 at 12h UTC.

If there are no major issues, we will put the MOU for approval at the F2F
Board meeting following
FOSS4G 2021.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance.

On behalf of those involved in updating the MOU (OGC, OSGeo MOU Review
Team).

..Tom

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MoU_OGC/Review_2020
[2] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/80