[OSGeo-Standards] [vote] Creation of the OSGeo Standards Committee

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:15:19 PST 2023

Hi Tom,

It is good to see this development!

I’m in broad support of the TOR as at [1] below.

Two suggestions:

Voting:
I think that the two day limit on voting is too short, based on my experiences with the Incubation Committee.
Time needs to be allowed for members to find the proposal, review a proposal, think about it and then vote.
When committee members are busy, travelling, on holidays etc, 2 days is too short.
I suggest a one week limit to each vote.

Quorum [2]
I think that a Quorum of two is too small.
Is the committee expecting minimal input from members? If so then I’d question the raison d'etre of the committee.
Perhaps set the Quorum at 51% of votes or something similar?

Kind regards,

Bruce

[2] https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/quorum <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/quorum>