Successful opensource project for state

Brent Lund Brent.Lund at STATE.MN.US
Wed Jul 11 16:25:08 EDT 2007

Several at LMIC (www.lmic.state.mn.us)

Here are 3

http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/datanetweb/   (PHP,MySQL,MapServer,
MapScript)

http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/SPMI/Reporting/  (Chameleon)

http://www.gis.state.mn.us/GLO/Index.htm (Mapserver)

-----Original Message-----
From: Twin Cities MapServer Users Group [mailto:TCMUG at lists.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Steve Lime
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:53 AM
To: TCMUG at lists.umn.edu
Subject: Re: Successful opensource project for state

Depends on your definition of a project. The easiest one for the DNR
would be the Data Deli (deli.dnr.state.mn.us). Besides MapServer it
relies heavily on Perl and MySQL.

A couple of others:

  - MinArchive, Public Access to Minerals Data
(minacrchive.dnr.state.mn.us): MapServer, MySQL
  - Cooperative Stream Gaging, (www.dnr.state.mn.us/waters/csg):
MapServer, Postgres/PostGIS, Perl

Also, the entire DNR website (www.dnr.state.mn.us) is OpenSource, a
combination of Java, Apache, MapServer, Tomcat, Wordpress, MySQL amongst
others. All of our biggest applications (LakeFinder, the Rec. Compass,
AirPhoto Sales) are entirely Open Source based...

Steve

<3db8a8970707110922q47941a96u70e50d920cbf068 at mail.gmail.com>, Mark
Fredrickson