OpenMNND project presentation and demo

Fischer, Brian bfischer at HOUSTONENGINEERINGINC.COM
Mon Mar 26 13:32:39 EDT 2007

FYI...

The OpenMNND Project
A Minnesota -- North Dakota Application Development Collaborative

Funded by a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) grant

provided by the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC)

---<outbind://149-0000000017E4641B3283A946B8067949F846F3880700159EE492F7
DD4A49BD57168D23D6595600000035D69700002EF6E1058C047344B4DE0FD14111916700
00004A90A30000/cid:image001.gif at 01C765A4.461B61B0>

Thank you for your interest in OpenMNND.

We are well on our way to having an open-source, freely available
product to help counties and other local government units provide
information to citizens through a web-based map.

Demonstration sites with data from several of our participants using our
newly-designed interface for the powerful GeoMOOSE software are now
available on our web site - www.openmnnd.org <http://www.openmnnd.org/>
.  In addition, we are contracting for tool enhancements, documentation
for developers, and a guide to installation.

We'd like to give you a guided tour of what the project is about, what
the application looks like, and how data like yours could be served
through the application.

Join us for a web demo on Wednesday, March 28, 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
(CDT). You can come in person to the MCIT building in St. Paul, or
participate through a web/phone meeting on Webex.  We'd love to hear
your comments and suggestions for making this a high-quality,
easy-to-use product.

Help us find other ways to get the word out as well - are there user
groups or other meetings coming up where we could present a
demonstration? Let us know.  Contact Randy Knippel
(Randy.Knippel at co.dakota.mn.us), Nancy Read (nancread at mmcd.org) or Bob
Nutsch (bnutsch at nd.us) to arrange for a demonstration.

We look forward to hearing from you!

OpenMNND Steering Committee

Randy Knippel, Dakota Co., MN
Doug Bartels, Richland Co., ND
Bob Nutsch, State of ND, Bismarck
Nancy Read, MMCD, MN
Brian Fischer, Houston Engineering

Directions to MCIT building, 100 Empire Dr. (E. end of street), St.
Paul:

            http://www.mcit.org/directions.htm

Webex meeting instructions will be sent to all receiving this mailing a
few days before the meeting; if you know of others interested please
have them register on the OpenMNND web site or contact us.

Brian Fischer, CFM
GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc. | Leave Nothing to ChanceTM
6901 East Fish Lake Road, Suite 140
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Phone:  763.493.4522 / Fax:  763.493.5572
Email:  bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
<mailto:bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com>
Website: www.houstonengineeringinc.com
<http://www.houstonengineeringinc.com/>