[TCMUG] Fwd: [Mgis-students] GIS Career and Networking Fair

knex0001 at umn.edu knex0001 at umn.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:49:05 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: olso4223 at umn.edu
Date: 15 Mar 2008 00:37:06 -0500
Subject: [Mgis-students] GIS Career and Networking Fair

Hello GIS practitioners and fans!

The GIS Student Organization (GISSO) would like to fill you in on the 2008
Career and Networking Fair. The Fair is an annual event organized by GISSO
to introduce students to employers in the GIS field. This year’s fair is
coming up, so mark you calendars! Some particulars:

When:		Wednesday, April 2, 2008
			11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where:		Mississippi Room
		Coffman Memorial Union

This year’s fair already has nearly 20 exhibitors signed up, including
government agencies, academic institutions, and private companies. We have
been able to attract more engineering and consulting companies than in the
past, which we hope will provide even more diversity to an already wide
range of exhibitors.

In addition, we will have several speakers again this year:

We’re especially excited to announce that Jack Dangermond, founder and
president of ESRI, will be giving a talk and answering some questions from
students. Terese Rowekamp with Rowekamp and Associates will be giving a
mini tech forum on ArcGIS Modelbuilder. Len Kne, an MGIS student, will talk
about his work on MIIM (Minnesota interactive internet mapping project), a
web mapping application for education. Sally Wakefield, of 1000 Friends of
Minnesota and Chair of the MN GIS/LIS Consortium, will be spreading the
word about bridging GIS and the public mapping movement.

Oh, and we might have some door prizes again as well. We hope to see you
there! (And feel free to pass on this invite to others who might not be on
the mailing list)

Erik Olson
Vice President, GISSO

More information is available at:	http://gisso.umn.edu/fair/