[TCMUG] Postgres Admin training opportunity in St. Paul - Nov 17- 21

Tim Ogg Tim.Ogg at state.mn.us
Fri Sep 19 11:39:35 EDT 2008

I am setting up on-site Postgres Admin training in St. Paul.
In order to minimize the cost/student I am trying to fill all 12 slots
for this training.
I have 2 users financially committed and 3-4 users working to get
financial approval.

The more slots we can fill the less it will cost per person.

Is anyone out there interested? Let me know if you are and I'll send
details on how to register.

Pricing:
Final cost to you will depend on how many people sign up.

4 students cost is $2195 a piece (minimum for on-site)
5 students cost is $2058 a piece
6 students cost is $1885 a piece
7 students cost is $1733 a piece
8 students cost is $1598 a piece
9 students cost is $1479 a piece
10 students cost is $1356 a piece
11 students cost is $1255 a piece
12 students cost is $1172 a piece (max students)

CLASS DETAILS:
      WHAT: PostgreSQL Admin training. Approx 4.5 days of class time.
      WHEN: Monday Nov 17 - Friday Nov 21. (the week before
Thanksgiving)
      WHERE: Computer Training Room in the PCA building. 520 Lafayette
Rd. N. St. Paul, MN

COURSE PROVIDER:
	Open Technology Group.  http://www.otg-nc.com/index.php
They have a variety of Postgres classes. They also have some offerings
in the PostGIS area, which is a future interest of mine. Additionally
they provided a local reference: The Minneapolis Airports Commission,
which has used OTG for several training classes. MAC was extremely
satisfied with their experience and will continue to use OTG.

The Course/Content:
This training session is based primarily on the OTG Postgres Admin
training course which is a 4.5 day class. This class will include
installation and configuration of the PostGIS module too. (Not much use
of PostGIS) (That might be a future training session if there is enough
interest). You can see information about the OTG Postgres Admin training
class including an outline at
http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=40&cat_
id=8
You can alos find a PDF listing the table of contents from course book,
which students receive.

Let me know if you're interested.

Tim Ogg
Minnesota Board of Water & Soils Resources
Information Technology Manager
Voice:  651.297.8024
Fax:    651.297.5615
tim.ogg at state.mn.us