[TCMUG] FOSS4G use in Maine

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Apr 3 10:01:35 EDT 2009

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I think that Minnesota
has some similar case studies that would be great to highlight.

http://www.govtech.com/gt/articles/633927

In the article, they say, " While WMS and providing image services have
been around for a few years, this project is unique in that it is the
first attempt, as far as we are able to ascertain, to provide a free and
openly-available platform for sharing aerial ortho-photos."

I think that the LMIC WMS server and the DNR WMS services have been
doing this for quite a while.

David.