[TCMUG] March Meeting

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Mar 10 16:25:42 EDT 2009

I have a speaker lined up for our March meeting.

The meeting is at 4:00pm on Tuesday, March 24th at the Metro Airports
Commission Office, located at 6040 28th Avenue South in Minneapolis.

Reid Priedhorsky will be talking to us about Cyclopath
(http://cyclopath.org/), a 'geowiki for Twin Cities bicyclists'.  The
site allows users to edit and maintain current information about bicycle
routes in the Twin Cities.

The site is built on PostGIS, Mapnik, Python, GEOS, things that you are
all familiar with.  Reid is a computer science grad student at the U of
M with interests in OpenSource and Geospatial apps.

I had seen mention of Cyclopath in the local media and had also seen his
name on the PostGIS listserv.  I thought that it would be interesting
for the OSGEO group to hear about how he built Cyclopath and what he is
working on.  I also thought that he might be interested in meeting other
local OpenSource GeoHackers (and cyclo-terrorists).

Please try to make it so we have a good sized group for our speaker.

David.