[TCMUG] Geo Data Portal

Nancy Read nancread at mmcd.org
Wed Apr 28 12:49:10 EDT 2010

Mark Kotz also just posted this:
   Web Enterprise Suite from Compusult
   Chris and Mark had a demo of this from the rep. It claims to be able
   to handle all of our high priority functionality and probably most of
   the other functionality too. Compusult uses the Life Ray open source
   portal product as the basis for their portal product. One can drop in
   other portletts for the other functions we need. The cost of the
   Compusult product is around $90k for open access to it. One client
   they have is Natural Resources Canada GeoConnections Discovery Portal

   GeoNetwork Opensource Here is a product that has what looks like an
   active community of Portal OGC type development. Looks interesting,
   with lots of United Nations, FAO, World Health Orgs, and some others
   actively using it. Source code for sure!

   Open Geospatial Specs See the Catalogue Service  specifications
   rich. Not sure if we all ever talked about this, but it does exist and
   it seems other offerings do consider its content.

Any other ideas of stuff they should be looking at?  - NRead