[TCMUG] OpenTopography Portal

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Mar 11 09:56:48 EST 2010

All,

Ok, since there are project worker bees here, how are re-usability issues going to be handled?  I'm looking through the DETAIL web page about construction, are there plans to distribute the components separately, or only in the composite fashion?  Nice documentation BTW.  I would want to overlay my own mapping constructs over the Hillshading / Contouring for example.   Also, I don't see a method for contributing LIDAR data to the process, or would finished tiles be preferable?

So, I have (for a the City of Saint Paul in Minnesota), 1ft contours for bare earth as well as the LIDAR data for earth and for BareEarth combined with Buildings.  If here were a desire on our part to build this out into something that integrated with your project, is there any interest, or is this too small an area?

We would also require that the composite images (or a version of them) NOT include the Features in the composite.

Any thoughts?

bobb

>>> Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm glad you found TopOSM! I am working with Lars Ahlzen (the guy that put TopOSM together) to render the entirety of the United States with his rendering style.

We have 2 servers sitting in donated VISI colo that are working on it at this very moment. I'll make sure and send an announcement when Minnesota gets coverage.

-Ian

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Fawcett, David (MPCA)
<David.Fawcett at state.mn.us>

wrote:

Cool indeed.

On the related, but not really related front: http://toposm.com/ http://toposm.com/co/

It would be cool to someday have a state-wide service for a data set like this...

David.