[TCMUG] Mobile GeoMoose

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Mar 26 16:27:23 EDT 2010

All,

Well, I'm actually going the other way with it, and looking at Linux powered phones, as in very little if any difference from the regular GeoMoose codebase.

bobb

>>> Paul Wickman <paul at northstargeographics.com> wrote:

It seems that one path would be to come up with a separate development line for iMoose (or whatever), and just kept under the same "umbrella" as GeoMoose.  My only thought of throwing out that reference to PhoneGap was to try and pick a development API that covers as many platforms as possible, rather than try to develop device-specific apps.  The device-specific apps might be able to take advantage of certain features only exposed by, say, the iPhone SDK, but the tradeoff of course it having to maintain multiple lines of code.

Has anybody ever messed with the CloudMade Mobile SDKs?

Just my $0.02.

Thanks,

Paul Wickman
Northstar Geographics