[TCMUG] Geospatial curling event next week invitation...

Huberty, Brian brian_huberty at fws.gov
Thu Mar 6 09:27:50 PST 2014

Anyone interested in forming an open source team should email Colin Lee at
MN DOT (see below) ASAP.  You can forward your group or individually and he
can put you in teams.

The Idea

The thought is to have each group form teams of 4. These teams would then
play a team from another group. We'll curl as many ends as the time allows
and present the high point scoring team with any money raised beyond the
entry fee. The club is charging us $35 per person, for those curling. There
is no fee for those who just want to mingle and watch. The charge $40 per
head per curler, $10 per head per non-curler. Then set aside this extra
money for the scholarship fund award.

Food & Drink

We are proposing that the groups use committee funds to split the cost of
pizza for all. I have 5 sheets of ice on reserve for us. If we fill them
that would be a total of 40 people, plus those coming to watch and hangout.
Drinks will be BYOB, attendees are responsible for bringing whatever
beverage, alcoholic or other.

Payment

The Frogtown Curling Club will take all payment and then write a check
equal to any money raised above the $35 per person fee. The club takes
cash, credit or check.

Event Details

-          When: March 14th 6pm

-          5:45/6pm meet at the Frogtown Curling Club, Minnehaha  and Como,
St. Paul

-          6ish short intro to curling from the manager at the club,
followed by 15-20min of curling lessons

-          6:30ish have pizza delivered. Eat and mingle

-          7:00 Curl

-          9:30 Finish our ends, tally points and gather in the meeting
space for scholarship award and a final round of drinks.

-          10pm leave the club

-          Space is limited. There will be room for 2 teams of 4 per group
plus 8 extra spots to be filled at first come first serve. You'll have
until March 3rd to recruit and get me the number of players for your
organization. If you cannot fill all 8 seats they will go to first come on
the waiting list. If you have more than 8 hold the names and we'll fill
them after March 3rd.

About the club and curling

-          Curling is played by 2 teams of 4 players.

-          All equipment is provided by the club.

-          It's a social game, great for networking.

-          Bring a separate "clean" pair of athletic shoes and comfortable
clothing to curl in. The club is in the old Biff Adams ice area, temps are
cool dress appropriately.

-          There are men's and women's locker rooms.

-          There is a heated meeting area and non-heated lounge area near
the ice.

*RSVP ASAP with Colin Lee colin.lee at state.mn.us <colin.lee at state.mn.us>*

--
*Brian Huberty*
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Ecological Services

*(612) 713-5332 Office*
(612) 308-7306 Cell
*brian_huberty at fws.gov <brian_huberty at fws.gov>*