[TCMUG] Surplus from FOSS4GNA

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:22:34 PDT 2014

Hey all,

I just want to give you an update on the use of the surplus that we had
from our event. As part of our deal with OSGeo half of the surplus
(~$22,000) was reserved for use in future NA events. It is our intention to
use these funds to continue to build upon the scholarship program and other
diversity initiatives that the Portland Team put into place at this years
international event for the 2015 NA event in Burlingame (San Fran suburb).
If you have any concerns or questions about the use of these funds, please
let me know. I am excited that we can use the legacy of our event to help
make it possible for others to attend this future event.

Hope to see many of you either this week at GIS/LIS or on Monday.

David