[TCMUG] Postgres Dev Position

Fawcett, David (MNIT) david.fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Jul 14 06:16:14 PDT 2023

I have an ITS4 Postgres developer position with MNIT MPCA that I just posted.

Database Application Developer - 67335<https://careers.mn.gov/psp/mnjob/MNCAREERS/HRCR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=67335&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG>

We use Postgres/PostGIS for all of our spatial data, and we are also using it as the backend database for some of our custom applications.

This position will be working as part of large project teams and in smaller informal teams to write database functions and procedures, create other db objects, optimize, etc. Some of the work has a spatial component, but not all of it.

For example, in applications where we need geo functionality, we create our own custom geoprocessing API routes that leverage PostGIS. A feedlot permitee draws a poly around a field where they plan to spread manure. A route is called, and db functions return sensitive features from about 10 different layers that are within a specified distance.

We have a great team and a lot of interesting work to do. Let me know if you want to learn more, and please pass this a long to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks,

David.

NOTICE: This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521. This email may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply back to the sender that you have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you